The Vail Valley Business Women is dedicated to the advancement and future growth of professional women in the Vail Valley.
- Educational programming and speakers
- Exchange business ideas
- Forum for Networking
- Expose membership to valley-wide business opportunities
- Provide scholarships for professional women and female youth
- Community involvement
- Mentorship opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
Our organization has served the community of professional women in Colorado’s Vail Valley since 1977. Traditionally our monthly event includes networking followed by dinner and programming including professional development, networking and social outings. Meeting locations vary throughout the valley to broaden your experience.
Through our annual fundraising efforts we have been able to contribute to various organizations in our community. We are proud to have provided donations to Colorado Mountain College for scholarships for woman striving to earn a degree and be self sufficient. We have also contributed to several community charitable organizations including but not limited to: Bright Future Foundation, Eagle Valley Literacy Program, Vail Breast Cancer Awareness Group, Swift Eagle Foundation, Marilyn Klein Memorial Breast Cancer Support Fund, and many others. The Vail Valley Business Women has also sponsored a “Women Build Week” to assist Habitat for Humanity with building homes for local families in need. We continually evolve with the Vail Valley through our programming and community giving in order to meet the needs of our members and community.
VVBW is a 501c6 and is unincorporated in the state of Colorado.
2016 Scholarship Recipients
Community Giving Through Scholarships
As of 2012, 100% of our fundraising provides college scholarships for female high school graduates planning to attend two or four-year institutions in the field of business. The inaugural VVBW scholarships were awarded in 2013. The young women are selected in cooperation with the Youth Foundation’s Community Scholarship Collaborative. In 2017, VVBW provided five $1,000 college scholarships to graduating Eagle County female high school students.
- 2017 recipients: Chapin Benway, Avery Maslan, Meredith Padilla, Alondra Perez, Karsang Sherpa
- 2016 recipients: Taylor Sandoval, Kassie Heiner, Genevieve Davis, Carolyn Spangler and Ruby Black
- 2015 recipients: Claire Wildgen - BMHS, Karely Varela - RCHS, Carly Volkmer of EVHS
- 2014 recipients:
- 2013 recipients: Maria Gonzalez of VCHS; Danielle Herrera of VMS; Evelyn Corral of EVHS; Allison Campbell of RCHS; Rocio Martinez of BMHS
The Vail Valley Business Women continue to look for opportunities to support and endorse professional growth for women and our members in the Vail Valley, as well as continue our financial support of young women.