Attendees of VVBW’s October event at the Beaver Creek Chophouse were treated to an engaging evening of professional development with Hollie Clere of The Social Media Advisor. Hollie’s talk, titled #BeAwesome in Brand Storytelling, shared tips on creating an effective online brand presence. Hollie’s advice included being consistent with your posts and sharing updates that your audience will like. While it’s great to have followers engaged with your posts, you should be intentional about liking, commenting on and sharing of posts made by your followers. The three main takeaways from the evening’s presentation are as follows…
Build Like, Know and Trust:
1) Be consistent with your posts
2) Engage with your audience (Like, Comment and Share)
3) Share updates that your audience would find valuable
What are the newest trends in storytelling?
1) Putting YOU in your branded images
2) Learn and use Live Video, a new Facebook option
3) Use tools like Canva.com and Hootsuite.com to make things easier
Put actions in your calendar:
1) Schedule time to build your updates
2) Pick a time of day to check for engagement on your posts
3) Be intentional about liking, commenting on and sharing of others’ posts
Thank you to Hollie Clere for sharing her knowledge and expertise, and to Beaver Creek Chophouse for hosting this wonderful evening. Looking for more advice to #BeAwesome in Brand Storytelling? Contact Hollie at her website, thesocialmediaadvisor.com.
Visit VVBW’s events calendar to be in the know of upcoming professional development and networking events!